News update…

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

John 10:10 91:2

Dear Pupils, Parents, Staff & Governors,

Lunchtimes

After half term we will be consolidating lunchtime so that the whole school takes its break from 12.15 – 1.15pm. There are several reasons for doing this and we hope the change will result in a smoother running of the lunch hour.

Fruit snacks

At Parent Forum yesterday we discussed snacks at playtime. There is a disparity between Year R/KS1 where we encourage the children to eat a healthy school-provided snack of fruit/veg and KS2 where many children are eating crisps/chocolate bars etc.

After half term all children having a snack will be expected to eat a fruit or vegetable snack at break time. Crisps etc. will not be allowed. I am looking into whether we can also provide KS2 with a healthy snack along the same lines as operated for KS1.

Parking

School governors and the Parent Forum also discussed parking at the beginning and end of the school day. We have some requests and reminders:

•           If possible in the mornings after you have dropped your child off, instead of turning right and going back down the hill into traffic, could you turn left and do a loop around the village?

•           If you are parking in the morning could you avoid parking as close as possible to the school and leave a bit more space for the turning circle queue?

•           Please only park in the car park at the end of the day if absolutely necessary. Please ask for permission from the school office.

•           If possible, walk/cycle/scooter to school.

Website

The feedback about our new website has been very positive. More content will be added soon. There is a link to a ‘News & Events’ App which can be downloaded from the App Store/Google Play to your phone. It is free and a great way of keeping in touch with the latest news and events!

I am not intending on producing a paper newsletter on a regular basis. Instead, all our school news and events will be online, either on the website direct or via the blog which you can sign up to. Both are ‘responsive’ and are viewable on any mobile device. There have been some communication errors on our part over the last few weeks (not least the change of photographer date!) for which I apologise.

School Governors

We are currently looking to recruit new governors to our team. If you are interested in becoming a governor then please let us know. Our chair (Mr Geoffrey Cooper) or vice chair (Mrs Ros Bass) would be delighted to speak to you about the role.

Hazel coppice

Do you know anyone who uses hazel? We have a small number of hazel trees behind the school which are in need of coppicing. I would be happy to donate the wood to someone who knows what they are doing and is happy to come and do the coppicing!

Clubs

Some of you have to choose between two trips to school at the end of the day or sitting in your car when a sibling is at a club. I would be more than happy for you to use the school’s facilities (perhaps to do some reading/homework) during this time. It has been suggested that a couple of parents run a homework club on these occasions. Let me know if you would be interested in this idea and whether you could help to run it.

Wellies

After half term I would like all pupils to have a pair of wellies kept at school. Outdoor learning will continue into the late autumn and winter and so wellies will be needed for curriculum work. Additionally, it means that we can continue to use the school field at lunchtimes, even if it is a bit muddy.

Have a great half term!