An amazing experience by Lily-Mae

It was the big day, performance day. Our class had been rehearsing our hearts out and were all apprehensive about it but it was truly amazing.

When we got there the staff showed us to the dressing rooms. There were girls’ and boys’ dressing rooms; we felt like professional actresses!

The technical rehearsal was all about the lighting and adding bits to the play to improve it. During the free rehearsal we were filmed for a DVD.  I forgot my words but in the end they just popped into my head and I remembered them. I felt so annoyed but sometimes things like that happen and that time it was just bad luck.

After dinner and chill out time it was time to meet the secondary schools; we played some warm-up games with them and then we found out the order in which we were going to perform in. We were going to be first!

When we were walking down to the wings I felt nervous. I was worried that I was going to forget my words because I had forgotten them when we were being filmed. Before I knew it it was my turn to perform! I walked on to the big stage and said my line. What a relief! I didn’t forget my line and I really enjoyed it. 

After the show we went back to the dressing rooms to get our bags. Then we went back to the bar to chill out. Mrs Dabill and Mrs Lob were giving out sweets! After that we went to watch the last school perform their play; I didn’t understand it but it was still good. After all the schools had performed we were invited on to the stage; the crowd were screaming and clapping and they clapped the most at us! They said lovely things about our school and the performance. It was an amazing experience.

By Lily-Mae

2 thoughts on “An amazing experience by Lily-Mae

1. excellent blog Lily-Mae !

And a big “well done” to each child, teacher, parent and anybody else involved in this unforgettable experience. We are very proud of Lily-Mae and the rest of the children for their outstanding performance. I know that Lily-Mae really enjoyed the experience which is great !