What fantastic parents evenings!

Wow! I’ve just returned home after another successful parents evening. As you know, we changed the format for these evenings so that your child plays a greater part in reporting on their successes over the past year. This is the first time, in many years of these evenings, that the children in our school have played a greater role. It was amazing to watch as they proudly showed their work and talked with such enthusiasm using the language of learning. I have been stunned by the mature way in which they presented to parents, along with myself and Miss Britten, about their achievements. They have taken responsibility for their learning, prepared and pinpointed where they have made progress which was illustrated with examples of their work. The preparation was all done independently with a prompt they could use for discussion. Children never cease to amaze me. Well done Oak Class – we are so proud of you.

Thank you also to you, as parents, for engaging and showing such an interest in what your child had to say and present to you. We look forward to sharing even more with you in the summer term.

Mrs Dabill 🙂