Welcome Back!

Welcome

Well, the summer holiday has been and gone and here we are ready to start another exciting year of learning at our great school. Staff were reflecting yesterday on some of the success of the last year, which ranged from Oak Class performing Macbeth, to making scarecrows and caring for hatched chicks, to a rain-soaked #AppleFest. I’m sure this year will be even better! We welcome Miss Zoe Yelland to the teaching team, who will be teaching Maple Class, and of course Mrs Ridley just back from her honeymoon.

Faith Sharpe

I have been privileged to visit Faith during the holiday and have seen for myself the determination and fight that she, and the Sharpe family, have shown in the face of her medical condition. She is very poorly, as I’m sure many of you will be aware and I have spoken with the children at school today about how unwell she is and how she is unlikely to get better. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Sharpe Family and Faith at this very difficult time.

Tesco Bags of Help

As many of you will know we are currently fundraising for a sensory garden.  Our project has been shortlisted for a public vote in Tesco’s Bags of Help initiative during September and October and it would be great if you and your friends and family could support our cause by putting your blue token in our box! The following stores are taking part: WHITCHURCH EXPRESS STORE, ANDOVER EXTRA, ANDOVER CRICKETERS EXPRESS STORE, CHARLTON EXPRESS STORE, WEYHILL ROAD EXPRESS STORE. Thank you in anticipation of your support (even if it means switching allegiances for a couple of months!).

Ride and Stride

This Friday (8th) we will be visiting Appleshaw Church as part of the Historic Churches Trust Ride and Stride event. We will be walking down to church after lunch, spending some time in the church and the church grounds and learning about its history. We would like the children to be collected from church at 3:25pm. Please be considerate with parking and walk if possible.

Clubs

Clubs will start from next week depending on staff availability. Judo and Multi-Skills will continue on Fridays and Wednesdays respectfully and I have arranged for a Ukulele Club to run this year as well. It will also run on a Friday, which I recognise clashes with Judo, but I didn’t have a choice about the time I was given. 

Reading Evening

On Thursday 14th at 6pm we will be hosting an information evening focussing on phonics, spelling and reading. This session will be relevant for all year groups, including new Year R parents and it would be great to see lots of you attending. Children are very welcome to attend.

PTA

There are three important PTA dates to take note of. Firstly, the current committee would be appreciative of a good turnout at the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 27th September. The meeting will take place in the school hall at 7:30pm and is a great way of finding out about what the PTA have been up to over the last year and what the plans are for the year ahead. Additionally the PTA are holding two ‘Meet and Greet’ events; the first one is on Friday 15th September in the school hall at 9:00am. This is aimed especially at new parents, but all are welcome. The second is on the following Friday at 3:00pm in the yurt/playground. Children will be dismissed from the playground on that day and again is an opportunity to meet new parents and welcome them to our school. Tea, coffee and other refreshments will be available at both.